There are many advantages in having Vanuatu citizenship. Whatever your particular reason for acquiring citizenship in Vanuatu, we can match it with our Program.
Need a second passport? With citizenship in Vanuatu, you’ll have global freedom and privacy as you travel across the globe. Your citizenship also provides you with a safe and friendly second home for your family. In addition, you’ll enjoy living in a tax efficient country with zero tax, making it a perfect tax haven. If you want to establish a corporation or banking entity, you will avoid high taxes in your current place of residence by utilizing the Vanuatu option. Vanuatu is private and remote—the perfect way to escape from the world’s volatility and stress.
Welcome to the official 4th “Happiest Place on Earth”!
Key benefits of Vanuatu Citizenship
- Visa-free to 125 countries – UK & whole of Europe, Russia, Hong Kong, Singapore.
- The only Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program of its kind in the Asia Pacific Hemisphere.
- Tax-free country (other than the indirect taxes of VAT and Customs).
- International off-shore finance center since 1972.
- International Banks present – such as ANZ Bank, Bred Bank, BSP (Bank of South Pacific)
- Simple company and bank account formation procedures.
- Stable, peaceful country – does not even have Regular Armed Forces.
- An English/French speaking British Commonwealth Member Country.
- Simple and fast application process – as little as 45 days.
- Simple, transparent pricing structure. Attractively priced – particularly for family applications.
- A stunning tropical island nation – both for tourism and living.
- Low cost real estate – from prime beach front to whole islands for sale.
- Secure, long term land tenure – all land Government owned and leased. Nominal rental rates.
- A country with tremendous economic growth prospects and investment opportunities.
Since the visa requirements of each country are subject to change from time to time, tourists holding Vanuatu passports are required to check the visa requirements of the respective countries prior to departure. Tourists are also required to understand and observe the regulations and restrictions for entering and staying in the respective countries.
Becoming a Vanuatu Citizen
The decision to take a second and dual citizenship is the first step towards becoming a Vanuatu Citizen. Please ensure that you deal directly with an approved Government of Vanuatu DSP Representative and complete the Official Application Form without any advance payment.
A “pre-approval” stage involving a Vanuatu Government background check on the applicant is required. Once the pre-approval has been received (normally 7-10 days), the full documentation is submitted with full payment. The Citizenship process from here takes between 30 to 60 days to complete, making it one of the fastest processing times in the World.
Once the application is approved, the applicant will be required to present themselves at a Government of Vanuatu Consulate, nominated office or, in Vanuatu itself.
At the Consulate or Government Offices the applicant will participate in the Oath of Allegiance ceremony upon which they will be granted their citizenship and receive their Vanuatu passport.
The applicant will then be entitled to full Vanuatu citizenship benefits and rights, and ensured of visa free travel on their Vanuatu passport to 125 countries.
Citizenship is for life, and is hereditary.
There is no requirement for the citizen to visit Vanuatu.
Vanuatu Citizenship Process
Who can apply for Vanuatu Citizenship?
- Any person with a clean criminal record
- Business person or investor
- Perpetual traveler and offshore maverick
- Stateless Person
- Person renouncing their citizenship
STEP ONE: Applicant (and Spouse where applicable) to submit via our Global DSP Processing and Due Diligence Provider a certified true copy of existing passport (cover and biodata page) plus Police Clearance Report, Birth Certificate Copy and Personal Profile. US3,000 fee due at this stage to include Client Account opening & Vanuatu Government Due Diligence.
STEP TWO: Upon written confirmation of no adverse findings by FIU, and therefore “pre-approval” granted, Applicant, under guidance of the DSP Representative completes all documentation and prepares full payment. Payment is made to either a Trust Account or directly to the Vanuatu Information Centre Limited, a Government Approved Agent, both with HSBC Bank Hong Kong.
STEP THREE: Application is submitted to Representative to review pre-submission to the Citizenship Commission which convenes on the last Friday of each month. Application Form must be received 8 days prior to Citizenship Committee meeting.
STEP FOUR: Screening Committee considers the Application one day before the Citizenship Commission meets and makes a recommendation to the Citizenship Commission.
STEP FIVE: After Citizenship Commission approves the Application, an Agreement in Principle (AIP) is issued to the Representative. AIP process is 7 to 14 days.
STEP SIX: The final step is the Applicant taking their Oath. This will be commissioned by the Vanuatu Government’s Commissioner of Oath. In this ceremony the new Citizen receives their Certificate of Vanuatu Citizenship as well as their new Vanuatu Passport.
Becoming a Vanuatu Citizen: Fees
(Including all government and agent administrative processing fees, filing, certificate and passport production)
|Married + 1 Child||US$185,000|
|Married + 2 Children||US$200,000|
|FIU Due Diligence Fee||US$3,000|
Countries not requiring a visitor visa to enter Vanuatu
Antigua & Barbuda
Trinidad & Tobago
St Vincent & Grenadines
China1 (People’s Republic of)
Korea (Republic of)
United Arab Emirates
Federated States of Micronesia
Papua New Guinea*
(* MSG countries)
Vatican City (Holy See)
Countries requiring a visitor visa to enter Vanuatu
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic
Sao Tome and Principe